DEFRA have provided details of additional support for the transition to IPAFFS and are now are inviting you to join a webinar on any of the following dates 26th November and/or 2-4 December. The webinar will provide you with practical steps on how to use the new system and will support you with key information for the transition.
If you are an importer of Live Animals and Germinal Products from the EU, you must continue to use IPAFFS as you do now. Please ignore this article.
Please note: Imports into Northern Ireland must continue to be notified via TRACES
IPAFFS Go-Live Responsible for Load Update Session – 25-26 November and 2-4 December 2020
The webinars will not be a detailed training session so please ensure you have viewed the following before attending your session:
Please note: You only need to register for IPAFFS if your current function is to create notifications on TRACES or TRACES NT, acting as the person responsible for the load.
- If you haven’t already, register for IPAFFS. You will need a Government Gateway account to do this. Please see the attached slide for instructions.
Business Readiness 1
- If you are already registered for IPAFFS, please check that you have your Government Gateway ID and password. If you have forgotten these, or your memorable word, contact the APHA Service Desk on 03300 416 999 or email APHAServiceDesk@apha.gov.uk.
What you need to do from 7 December 2020
- Use IPAFFS for CHED-P and CHED-D imports to GB from 7 December
- We will make the switch from Traces and Traces NT to IPAFFS for GB imports on the 7 December at 6am.
- Any consignments still on Traces or Traces NT beyond 6am, or those that have not been cleared by 6am will require manual clearance via the National Clearance Hub
- Failure to enter this information onto IPAFFS may result in a delay to consignments being processed.