Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report titled, ‘Antithrombin Treatment Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019–2027’. According to the report, the global antithrombin treatment market was valued at US$ 0.50 Bn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2019 to 2027.
- Antithrombotic drugs help in the prevention or inhibition of thrombus by mimicking the role of antithrombin, a protein molecule produced in the body, which helps in clotting. Antithrombin is a small protein involved in the inactivation of several enzymes in the coagulation system. It is used in several medical treatments such as hereditary antithrombin deficiency, ECMO, DIC, and sepsis. Engineered recombinant antithrombin has gained clinical significance in recent years for the prevention of various peripartum and perioperative thromboembolic events or blood clots.
- The antithrombin treatment market is currently a booming one, due to rise in awareness and acceptance of antithrombin therapy in proven applications and adoption of medical conditions such as hereditary antithrombin deficiency, and prevention of various peripartum and perioperative thromboembolic events or blood clots, ECMO, DIC, and sepsis. Moreover, increasing use in combination therapy of antithrombin with heparin is likely to further support the growth of the market.
- North America dominate the global antithrombin treatment market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Early adoption of advaced therapies and well established healthcare infrastructure accentuate antithrombin treatment market growth in the region.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a highly lucrative market for the antithrombin treatment market and it is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Rise in demand of therapeutic antithrombin, low pricing pressure, increasing healthcare expenditure are key factors likely to boost antithrombin treatment market in Asia Pacific.
Exploring Use of Antithrombin Products to Drive Global Antithrombin Treatment Market
- Antithrombotic drugs act by imitating antithrombin protein, molecule which is produced by liver and is involved in clotting and thus support in the prevention or inhibition of thrombus. Antithrombin protein molecule is synthesized by the liver, and along with other benefits, it has coagulant effects.
- Engineered recombinant antithrombin has gained clinical significant in recent years for the prevention of various peri-partum and peri-operative thromboembolic events or blood clots.
- Discovering new indications over the existing ones will create gigantic opportunity with rising demand during the forecast period. For instance. In Feb 2014, rEVO Biologics Inc. submitted IND application for ATryn for the treatment of preeclampsia with the USFDA
- Exploring new applications of antithrombin products drive the growth of global antithrombin market. .
Therapeutic Segment to Dominate Antithrombin Treatment Market
- In terms of application, the global antithrombin treatment market has been segmented into therapeutic, research and diagnostics. Therapeutic segment is dominate the market and is continue its dominance during the forecast period. Increasing use of antithrombin therapy as an anticoagulant for the prevention of clots before, during, or after surgery or birthing in patients with hereditary antithrombin deficiency is projected to support the growth of the segment during the forecast period
Human Segment Hold a Major Share of Global Antithrombin Treatment Market
- In terms of source, the global antithrombin treatment market has been classified into human, goat milk and others.
- The human segment dominated the antithrombin treatment market. Rising investments in protein therapeutics used in rare disease by large pharma companies are likely to boost the segment during the forecast period
Lyophilized Segment to Dominate Global Antithrombin Treatment Market
- Based on dosage form, the global antithrombin treatment market has been segmented into lyophilized and liquid. Availability of lyophilized antithrombin therapeutic products is a major factor that drives the segment. Stability of this dosage form in therapeutic preparations is contribute to increase use of lyophilized dosage form and thereby drive the growth of segment
North America to Dominate Global Antithrombin Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global antithrombin treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global antithrombin treatment market in 2018, followed by Europe.
- North America accounted for major share of the global antithrombin treatment market in 2018. Supportive healthcare and payer infrastructure, and hub for key industry players are the major drivers of the antithrombin treatment market in the region.
- The antithrombin treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027. The rapidly rising population with prevalence hereditary antithrombin deficiency in countries such as India and China provide large market for antithrombin therapy.
- The global antithrombin treatment market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players in the global antithrombin treatment market include rEVO Biologics, Inc., Grifols, Shire plc., CSL Limited, Kedrion S.p.A, Octapharma AG, Dem ilac Inc., Lee Bisolutions, Diapharma and Scripps Laboratories, Inc
The global antithrombin treatment market has been segmented as follows:
- Global Antithrombin Treatment Market, by Application
- Global Antithrombin Treatment Market, by Source
- Goat Milk
- Global Antithrombin Treatment Market, by Dosage Form
- Global Antithrombin Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453