The organic milk market in India is supported by the growing consumer awareness regarding health and the burgeoning demand for organic food products. As organic milk is free from antibiotics and other chemicals and offers higher nutritional content as compared to regular milk, its demand is witnessing a healthy growth. The thriving food and beverage industry in the country is supporting the market growth further. To fulfill the growing demand for organic milk, the traditional farming industry has joined hands with dairy tech start-ups, thus, bringing digital technology to rural spaces. Moreover, increased government support to aid the farmers and support the organic dairy sector in the region is expected to boost the industry growth over the forecast period. For instance, government initiatives like Akshayakalpa, that offers financial assistance to farmers for setting up an organic dairy farm free of GMO fodder, will foster the demand in the market. Govind Milk and Milk Products and Indicow Dairy Foods LLP are some of the leading companies in the organic milk market in the country.
The economic growth in the country and the rising consumer disposable incomes is also propelling the demand for the organic variants. The growing retail and e-commerce industry, with players like Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Big Basket, in the region, is aiding the market growth. In May 2018, Govind Milk joined hands with LifeHarDin.net, an online platform from where consumers can shop for the company’s products. The platform will further deliver these products for free to the consumers in Pune. Further, in October 2019, Hills and Valleys Brand of Govind Milk was awarded the best organic milk brand of Maharashtra. Thus, such developments are expected to aid the growth of the organic milk market in India over the forecast period.
Market Breakup by Pack Size, Packaging Type, Distribution Channel, and Region:
- On the basis of pack size, the industry is segmented into packs of 500 ml, 1 litre, and 2 litre, among others.
- By packaging type, the industry is categorised into plastic bottle, pouches, glass bottle, and others.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the industry has been segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, and online/e-retailing, among others.
- Region-wise, the organic milk market in India has be divided into Maharashtra, Delhi-NCR, Karnataka, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu.
Key Findings of the Report:
- The organic milk market in India is being driven by the growing consumer shift towards organic products and the thriving food and beverage industry.
- The growing population and the rising consumer disposable income in the region are providing further impetus to the industry growth.
- Technological advancements and the adoption of modern farming methods to carry out organic farming are supporting the organic milk industry growth in India.
- Various initiatives taken by the government of India to aid the farmers and encourage organic dairy farming are propelling the industry forward.
Key Offerings of the Report:
- The EMR report gives a detailed analysis of the organic milk market in India for the periods (2015-2019) and (2020-2025).
- The report offers historical (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) market information for the pack sizes, packaging types, distribution channels, and major regions for organic milk in India.
- The report analyses the market dynamics, covering the key demand and price indicators in the market, along with providing an assessment of the SWOT and Porter’s Five Forces models.
The major players in the India organic milk market are Govind Milk and Milk Products, Indicow Dairy Foods LLP, and Happy Milk, among others. The comprehensive report by EMR looks into the market share, capacity, and latest developments like mergers and acquisitions, plant turnarounds, and capacity expansions of the major players.
Expert Market Research (EMR) is a leading market research and business intelligence company, ensuring its clients remain at the vanguard of their industries by providing them with exhaustive and actionable market data through its syndicated and custom market reports, covering over 15 major industry domains. The company’s expansive and ever-growing database of reports, which are constantly updated, includes reports from industry verticals like chemicals and materials, food and beverages, energy and mining, technology and media, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and packaging.
EMR leverages its state-of-the-art technological and analytical tools, along with the expertise of its highly skilled team of over a 100 analysts and more than 3000 consultants, to help its clients, ranging from Fortune 1000 companies to small and medium sized enterprises, easily grasp the expansive industry data and help them in formulating market and business strategies, which ensure that they remain ahead of the curve.
Expert Market Research
US & Canada Phone no: +1-415-325-5166
UK Phone no: +44-702-402-5790