Cox Business Announces Get Started Medical Pitch Contest in Partnership with Ochsner Lafayette General, Opportunity Machine
LOUISIANA – October 20, 2020 – Six entrepreneurs and medical startups will pitch their innovative medical solutions before a panel of judges for a chance to win a $20,000 cash prize as part of the first all-virtual Cox Business Get Started Medical event.
Presented in partnership with Ochsner Lafayette General and Opportunity Machine, the event will take place on Thursday, October 29 at 6:30 p.m. as a part of Innovate South and will feature a pre-event discussion with the Trailblazers at 5:45 p.m. To register to attend both events, visit innovatesouth.org.
Each contestant will have three minutes to pitch their idea. Ken Kraft, SVP Cox Business Marketing & Sales Operation will host Get Started Medical. He will be joined by a panel of judges who will follow up with questions and observations. This year’s judges are:
- Aimee Quirk – CEO of innovationOchsner, Ochsner Health System
- Trivia Frazier – President and CEO of Obatala Science, Inc.
- Dr. Lawrence Simon, MD – Regional Medical Director, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Bryan Arkwright – Vice President of Innovation, SCP Health
- Josh Sommer – Vice President of New Growth, Cox Communications
These experts will review each of the plans and select a winner based on innovation, ease of implementation and consumer/community benefit.
About the Contestants
- DynamiCare Health – The DynamiCare digital care program reinforces a person’s recovery from addiction by offering easy to use technology, including random breath and saliva tests confirmed by selfie video, verified treatment attendance check-ins, supportive recovery coaching, and reward for healthy progress.
- MedCrypt – MedCrypt brings cybersecurity features to medical devices—from pacemakers to surgical robots—in a few lines of code. The FDA expectation to “bake in” security into connected devices, means the best solution is one that proactively secures devices.
- DOCPACE – DOCPACE is the ultimate pre-op and pre-appt management solution for healthcare professionals. The DOCPACE product helps medical staff streamline the process – increasing case & appointment volume, improving patient satisfaction, boosting efficiency, and decreasing cancellations
- Brightlamp – Brightlamp is solving the $17B brain injury and recovery problem with its B2B SaaS 5-second eye testing platform, Reflex, made for iPhones and iPads.
- OR Link – OR Link is a workflow management system to optimize communication for surgery. The modern cloud-based web app and companion iPad reduces material/financial waste while improving efficiency, patient safety & education of surgical staff.
- M&S Biotics – M&S Biotics developed an autonomous IoT solution to detect, track, count, and locate surgical items within the operating room in real-time. This effectively automates the surgical counting process while providing downstream analytics regarding instrument utilization.
Cox Business Get Started Medical is presented in partnership with Ochsner Lafayette General and Opportunity Machine. Additional support comes from Touche’ Printing, Cox Media, LEDA, Blue Cross Blue Shields of Louisiana, and SCP Health.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
About Cox Business
The commercial division of Cox Communications, Cox Business provides voice, data and video services for more than 355,000 small and regional businesses nationwide, including health care providers; K−12 and higher education; financial institutions; and federal, state and local government organizations. The organization also serves most of the top-tier wireless and wireline telecommunications carriers in the U.S. through its wholesale division. For more information, please visit www.coxbusiness.com.
For further information: Sharon Truxillo
Public Affairs Director