Which? magazine is the UK’s bestselling monthly, trusted by more than half a million subscribers. It’s packed with reviews, advice, investigations and news – our aim is to make individuals as powerful as the organisations they deal with in their daily lives.
Want to share your news with your industry? Submit a press release.
Top 1000 Companies Ranked by Revenue – in Multiple Sectors & Countries.
If you’re not yet a Which? member, we’re offering a sneak peek at the reviews and investigations that are featured in the latest issue.
Which? magazine: February 2021
Many of us turn to supplements in a bid to avoid illness – especially when the demands of everyday life make it hard to follow established advice to minimise stress, exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. But some high-strength supplements may be harmful, says Which? nutritionist Shefalee Loth.
In a survey of 1,020 Which? members in December, 61% of you told us you regularly take at least one. Slipping a supplement into your routine is a temptingly quick and easy way to feel like you’re doing something proactive, but many are pricey, unnecessary for most people and may have adverse effects. In this month’s Which? magazine, we examine the risks of high-dose supplements and highlights the supplements that aren’t proven to work.
Also in this month’s magazine, Cathy Hudson reveals the best and worst energy companies. Our expert pricing research suggests you could save more than £150 a year switching to a cheap deal from a high-ranking provider.
Also in this month’s magazine:
- The cost of convenience Hannah Walsh investigates how much shopping at smaller stores is really costing us – and why we keep going back for more.
- Data: the new pollution Companies regularly spill our data into the online ocean, fuelling a shadow industry of cybercrime, scams and fraud. These digital polluters must do more to clean up their mess, writes Andrew Laughlin.
- Leaving the meter running As the pandemic disrupts lives, Dean Sobers investigates whether insurers are profiting from locked-down customers.
- Five ways wearable tech can help you stay healthy A smartwatch or fitness tracker is more than just a step counter – it could be your new personal health coach.
- Electric dreams We’ve found some high scoring Best Buy electric heaters – and one major brand that disappoints.
From the editor
Here we are again. Back in a lockdown that seemed inevitable to anyone following the grim daily numbers through December.
I don’t know about you, but the camaraderie that made the first lockdown more bearable – the banana bread, PE with Joe, communal clapping – feels mostly absent this time. Now, it’s hard-headed hibernation while we wait for the rollout of vaccines. On that, when we’re over the worst, let’s not forget the work done by scientists and pharmaceutical companies to develop vaccines in record time. It’s remarkable given the speculation last spring about how these things take years.
Our staff remain at home, and continue to do you proud in difficult circumstances. Many are again juggling jobs with home-schooling, others live alone and face different challenges. Putting together a magazine without the bustle of an office and those quick conversations that resolve problems so efficiently is, frankly, much less fun. But our researchers, editors, scientists, designers and subs continue to work with dedication, skill and good humour.
As this issue shows, we continue to pack the magazine with articles that are relevant, useful and informative, to help make your lockdown a little easier.
Harry Rose, Editor, Which? magazine
Which? member benefits
Interested in Which? If you choose to become a member and join today, you’ll be treated to a host of perks, including:
- The latest product reviews and test results from our test labs
- All our Best Buy and Don’t Buy verdicts
- Which? Reviews smartphone app – ratings on the go for more than 8,000 products
- Which? magazine delivered to your door each month
- Special member deals on Which? Legal.
How do I subscribe to Which?
Our Join Which? page tells you everything you need to know to start receiving Which? magazine to your door and the additional benefits of becoming a member. Or you can find out more by calling our member services team on 029 2267 0000.