8 April 2021 – Pickup, Groupe La Poste’s parcel shop network, is adding to its delivery solutions by offering to install connected parcel boxes in private houses and apartment buildings. These boxes will supplement conventional letterboxes and enable private individuals to receive their parcels 24/7, regardless of the delivery operator.
The Pickup parcel box brings added peace of mind to private customers
- Residents can receive more parcels at home (since the box provides extra delivery space in addition to the letterbox and it can receive parcels of various sizes);
- Residents can be away from home and not have to worry about whether their parcels will be delivered; when working from home, they can stay focused on their work without being interrupted by a delivery;
- Parcels are held in complete security in the parcel box and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- The entire delivery process is carried out with no physical contact between the delivery person and the recipient.
Pilot sites in operation, with launch planned before the summer
The parcel boxes will be offered to residents who live in private houses and new or old apartment buildings, in urban, suburban and rural areas.
Numerous avenues are being explored to make them compatible with every home environment and to enable the boxes to be used to offer additional services (beyond picking up parcels), notably the services provided Groupe La Poste.
Several pilots sites are in operation.
Enhancing the customer experience through Pickup’s expertise
With this new service, Groupe La Poste is continuing to simplify the lives of its customers by drawing on the expertise of its subsidiary Pickup, which has been providing locally-oriented delivery solutions for over 20 years.
Pickup operates in the out-of-home delivery market in France and Europe, boasting the largest network of contact points:
- 15,000 parcel shops in France and 58,000 points worldwide.
- 500 automatic lockers made available by Pickup in France in places where people pass by regularly (such as Post Offices, Railway Stations, Supermarkets, etc.) to enable private individuals to take delivery of their online purchases.
About Pickup France
Pickup is subsidiary of Groupe La Poste and DPDgroup. It operates La Poste’s parcel shops network and is the market leader in France with 15,000 parcel shops and 500 lockers. Pickup parcel shops receive daily deliveries from the carriers Colissimo, Chronopost and DPD France.
The Pickup point delivery service is proposed by more than 8,000 online retailers: Vinted, Veepee, Showroomprivé, Sarenza, CDiscount, Zalando, Amazon, Orange, Nespresso, i.run, Sephora, Mango, Decathlon, etc.
Pickup also provides several solutions to respond to the challenges of urban logistics and last-metre deliveries, notably through partnerships with retailers and supermarket chains.
The Pickup network is also present in 28 countries around the world – with a total 58,000 points – through the various entities of DPDgroup, the Groupe La Poste’s international parcel delivery network, which is the market leader in Europe.
Pickup’s head office is based in the Paris region and the company employs 350 people.
More information on our website https://www.pickup.fr/