Sky Mobile, recently voted by uSwitch customers as Network of the Year, announces the Doro 8050 and 7030 models are now available, with prices starting from just £9 per month.
Doro phones are specifically designed to be simple and easy to use – with larger keys, louder and clearer sound, and easier to read screens. Doro aims to make it easy for elderly users with reduced hearing, sight, or motor skills to stay in touch with family, friends and loved ones.
“We know staying connected to family, friends and loved ones is important to all our customers. Bringing Doro’s phones to our range will keep more of our customers connected when they can’t be together” said Paul Sweeney, Managing Director at Sky Mobile.
The Doro 8050 and Doro 7030 both feature an assistance button, so users can easily alert relatives if, for example, they fall at home. Pressing the button will send out an alert to up to five emergency contacts.
The Doro 8050 is ideal for anyone new to smartphones and Android. The interface makes finding apps easy, and Google Assistant allows users to activate functions with voice control. The handset has loud and clear sound to improve voice calls for those who are hard of hearing. A simple to use camera is perfect for taking and sharing photos of family and friends, and the durable design protects against accidental drops and knocks.
The Doro 7030 has a flip design with physical buttons, ideal for users who want a traditional phone with smart features. Users can stay in touch with friends and family through WhatsApp and Facebook, as well as traditional phone calls. The Doro 7030’s camera and large flip screen make it easy to take, view, and receive photos too.
Peter Marsden, Managing Director, Doro UK & Ireland said: “We’re thrilled to be partnering with Sky to bring Doro’s unique offering to Sky Mobile customers. Combining easy-to-use features with high-quality performance, the Doro 8050 and the Doro 7030 are the perfect devices to launch our partnership. We take all aspects of design seriously at Doro and the packaging for both handsets will not include any additional plastic, cutting down on unnecessary waste.
Both handsets will be among the first to be compatible with our imminent Response by Doro offering, a service that connects seniors with their family, friends and support networks.”
Prices for the Doro 8050 start from £13 per month for 2GB of data and from £9 for the Doro 7030 with 2GB of data on Sky Mobile.
Anyone who chooses a Doro phone will also benefit from Sky Mobile’s Roll, Watch Mix, Swap and Save, as well as hassle-free network switching:
- Roll — Every month spare data is rolled into a Sky Piggybank ready to use later or even share with family. Spare data in a Sky Piggybank can be shared with up to seven SIMs on the same account or exchanged for rewards
- Mix — Change the data plan, up or down, at any time
- Watch — Watch Sky TV on the go and use other Sky apps like Sky Kids or Sky Sports News app without using data (Doro 8050 only)
- Swap — Customers have the choice to upgrade their phone at a time that works for them, without waiting for the end of their contract. Swap24
gives Sky Mobile’s lowest monthly cost for handsets, while Swap12
is ideal for those who want to upgrade their phone more often
- Save — All Sky Mobile’s SIMO and handset plans come with free Unlimited Calls & Texts as standard
- Text to Switch — Simply text PAC to 65075 to get a switching code