Media: Press Releases | 30 June 2020
London and Washington D.C., 30 June 2020 – Global law firm Hogan Lovells announces today it has made a series of planned changes to some of its office, practice area and industry sector leadership positions.
“We regularly rotate our leadership responsibilities. I’d like to thank the outgoing leaders for all of their hard work, and wish our new leaders success with their new responsibilities,” said Miguel Zaldivar, incoming CEO of Hogan Lovells and Regional Chief Executive Partner of the Asia-Pacific and the Middle East Region. “I am very proud to be announcing new leadership changes for the firm. I have been looking at some of the ways we go to strategically do more for our clients in emerging markets as well as industry sectors and think these changes will streamline our abilities and enhance our opportunities.”
All of the changes are effective 1 July unless indicated otherwise.
Office Managing Partner changes:
- Alex Wong will be taking over the role of Office Managing Partner (OMP) for Singapore, replacing Stephanie Keen, who is moving into the expanded role of regional lead for the Corporate & Finance Practice Group in Asia-Pacific.
- Dr. Frederick Ch’en will be taking on a newly-created role of Office Administrative Partner for the Tokyo office.
Changes to the leadership of our Industry Sector Groups:
- Sharon Lewis will lead the Finance, Insurance & Investment Sector Group, comprising of Financial Institutions & Insurance, led by Sharon Lewis, Private Capital, led by Matthias Jaletzke, and Real Estate led by Jackie Newstead.
- Asher Rubin will lead the Health & Lifestyle Sector Group, comprising of Consumer, led by Kelly Hardy, Education, led by Michael Vernick, Life Sciences & Health Care led by Asher Rubin, Steven Abrams, Lynn Mehler, and Jane Summerfield, and Sports, Media & Entertainment, led by Craig Umbaugh.
- Detlef Hass will lead the Manufacturing, Energy & Industrials Sector Group, comprising Diversified Industrials, led by Detlef Hass and Jacky Scanlan-Dyas and Energy & Natural Resources led by Brian Chappell and Sarah Shaw.
- Patrick Ayad will lead the Mobility & Transportation Sector Group, comprising Aerospace & Defense led by Michael Mason, Automotive led by Patrick Ayad, Sebastian Polly, and William Yavinsky, and Other Transportation led by Patrick Ayad and Joanne Rotondi.
- Mark Brennan will lead the Technology & Telecoms Sector Group, comprising of Technology led by John Brockland, and Telecoms, led by Angus Coulter.
Changes to the leadership of our Practice Area Groups and Regional Practice Groups:
- In addition to his new role as Regional Managing Partner for Asia-Pacific, Lloyd Parker will remain as the OMP for Tokyo and Head of IPMT in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Mexico-based OMP Juan Francisco (Paco) Torres-Landa will take the role of Head of the Latin America Practice Group succeeding Bruno Ciuffetelli and Jose F. Valdivia.
- Our newly-created Middle East Practice Group will be led by New York-based partner Samaa Haridi who sits in our Arbitration practice. Our Africa Practice Group will continue to be led by London-based partner Andrew Skipper, with Samaa chairing its North Africa Practice Sub-group.
- Ari Fitzgerald will be the new practice area leader for the Communications practice.
- Charles Brasted will be the new Group Manager for the Global Regulatory Practice in London.