Freshfields is pleased to announce that our antitrust team has been shortlisted as a finalist in GCR’s 2021 Awards – with ten nominations in the mandate/team categories and three individual lawyer nominations.
The following Freshfields attorneys have been shortlisted for individual awards:
• Simon Priddis – Lawyer of the Year
• James Aitken – Litigator of the Year
• Justin Stewart-Teitelbaum – Lawyer of the Year – Under 40
Freshfields advised on the following matters and deals:
• Evonik / PeroxyChem – Merger Control Matter of the Year – Americas
• CK Hutchison / Telefónica – Merger Control Matter of the Year – Europe
• LSEG / Refinitiv – Merger Control Matter of the Year – Europe and Matter of the year
• Alstom / Bombardier – Merger Control Matter of the Year – Europe and Matter of the year
• Mastercard / Nets – Merger Control Matter of the Year – Europe
• Korea Shipbuilding / Daewoo Shipbuilding – Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa
• Charoen Pokphand Group’s acquisition of Tesco’s business in Thailand – Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa
• Hong Kong’s seaport joint venture probe – Behavioral Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa
GCR invites readers to “vote for the cases, law firms, lawyers and enforcers they believe excelled in 2020.” You can place your vote for the winner of these awards here.
About Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP is a global elite law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world’s leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments on groundbreaking and business-critical mandates. Our 2,800-plus lawyers deliver results worldwide through our own offices and alongside leading local firms. Our commitment, local and multinational expertise, and business know-how means our clients rely on us when it matters most.
Freshfields is the only firm ranked by Chambers Global in Band 1 across the seven areas of antitrust, corporate/M&A, dispute resolution, international arbitration, tax, employee benefits, and public international law. For more information visit Freshfields.us.
This material is for general information only and is not intended to provide legal advice. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.