The NHS is on the frontline helping fight the Covid-19 crisis and being there for everyone affected. As a thank you, we’re extending cover to help ensure NHS workers who are Aviva customers can get to their workplace and home safely, including:
- Free Aviva breakdown cover (including At Home), for NHS workers who have any Aviva, Quotemehappy or General Accident branded policy, if their car breaks down.
- Free courtesy car to any NHS workers with an Aviva motor policy, if their car is involved in an accident.
- Priority repairs – motor claims for our customers who are NHS workers will be prioritised so they can get back on the road as quickly as possible.
- Free enhanced personal belongings cover for our home contents customers who are NHS workers if their belongings are lost/damaged/stolen while they are working/commuting.
These enhancements are available immediately. Our customers who are NHS workers do not need to call us to arrange these as they will apply automatically if they need to make a claim.
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £510 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.6 billion (FY19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.