Chicago, IL (November 10, 2020) – Beam Suntory, a global leader in premium spirits, was awarded several of the top accolades for its portfolio of brands at the prestigious 2020 International Spirits Challenge (ISC), the premier event in promoting outstanding quality spirits from across the globe. Beam Suntory received numerous accolades at this year’s competition – including more than 44 individual awards across its premium portfolio.
“We are so proud that the quality across our premium spirits portfolio has been again recognized as best in class,” said Albert Baladi, Chairman and CEO of Beam Suntory. “In these trying times in our industry, it is humbling that the hard work of the people and distilleries behind our brands, including the legendary Fred Noe, has earned this acclaim. We are dedicated to crafting exceptional spirits, just as we are dedicated to helping our resilient industry rise up and recover.”
Beam Suntory’s prestigious accolades include the following:
- Fred Noe, Jim Beam’s 7th Generation Master Distiller, was named Master Blender/Distiller of the Year, recognizing his craftsmanship, skill and talent as a distiller for his innovative product launches and initiatives. This award is only presented to one single person.
- El Tesoro Tequila was named Agave Spirits Distiller of the Year. El Tesoro is an authentic tequila produced with the knowledge and passion passed down through five generations, celebrating its 100% estate-grown blue weber agave that is 100% tahona crushed and distilled to proof.
- The House of Suntory was named Japanese Spirits Producer of the Year. Founded in 1899, Shinjiro Torii built the House of Suntory with a singular vision to craft quintessentially Japanese spirits and embody his philosophy of monozukuri: a relentless pursuit of perfection, meticulous attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Five Beam Suntory products received Trophy Awards, signifying best in class by spirits category, including:
- Bowmore® Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky 15 Year Old
- Courvoisier® Cognac Initiale Extra
- El Tesoro™ Tequila Anejo
- El Tesoro™ Tequila Reposado
- El Tesoro™ Tequila Blanco
Gold Medals were awarded to the following Beam Suntory products:
- Auchentoshan® Single Malt Scotch Whisky 12 Year Old
- Auchentoshan® Single Malt Scotch Whisky American Oak
- Auchentoshan® Single Malt Scotch Whisky Three Wood
- Bowmore® Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky 15 Year Old GTR
- Bowmore® Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky 18 Year Old
- El Tesoro™ Tequila Paradiso
- Hakushu® Single Malt Japanese Whisky 18 Year Old
- Hakushu® Single Malt Japanese Whisky 25 Year Old
- Hakushu® Single Malt Whisky
- Hibiki® Blender’s Choice
- Hibiki® Japanese Harmony Master’s Select
- Hibiki® Japanese Whisky 21 Year Old
- Hibiki® Japanese Whisky 30 Year Old
- Hibiki® Japanese Whisky Japanese Harmony
- Jim Beam Black®
- Jim Beam® Devil’s Cut®
- Jim Beam® Double Oak
- Jim Beam® Single Barrel
- Kilbeggan® Irish Whiskey Single Grain
- Kilbeggan® Irish Whiskey Small Batch Rye
- Knob Creek® 12 Year Old Bourbon
- Laphroaig® Single Malt Scotch Whisky 10 Year Old
- Laphroaig® Single Malt Scotch Whisky PX Cask Strength
- Laphroaig® Single Malt Scotch Whisky Quarter Cask
- Legent® Bourbon
- Old Overholt® Straight Rye Whiskey
- Old Overholt® Bonded-in-Bond
- The Essence of Suntory Whisky® Blended Whisky
- The Essence of Suntory Whisky® Single Grain Chita Distillery
- The Tyrconnell® Single Malt Irish Whiskey
- The Tyrconnell® Single Malt Irish Whiskey 16 Year Old Oloroso & Moscatel
- Yamazaki® Single Malt Japanese Whisky 18 Year Old
Additionally, Laphroaig® The Ian Hunter Story® received a Silver Medal for Design & Packaging and Suntory’s Osumi® Sweet Potato Sochu and Osumi® Barley Sochu received Silver Medals.
This year, ISC judges reviewed and rated more than 1,700 entries from nearly 70 countries worldwide. Winning an ISC award is an impressive achievement for any spirit that passes their scrupulous blind assessment from their experienced panel of specialist judges.
About Beam Suntory Inc.
As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connections. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company’s brands, including the iconic Jim Beam and Maker’s Mark bourbon brands, Suntory whisky Kakubin and Courvoisier cognac, as well as world renowned premium brands including Knob Creek, Basil Hayden’s and Legent bourbon; Yamazaki, Hakushu, Hibiki and Toki Japanese whisky; Teacher’s, Laphroaig and Bowmore Scotch whisky; Canadian Club whisky; Hornitos and Sauza tequila; EFFEN, Haku and Pinnacle vodka; Sipsmith and Roku gin; and Midori liqueur.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and vision of Growing for Good. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan. For more information on Beam Suntory, its brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, please visit www.beamsuntory.com and www.drinksmart.com.
# # #
© 2020 Beam Suntory, Inc., Merchandise Mart, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60654